This historic home, only a two minute drive or ten minute stroll from the city centre was built by one of Rotoruas founding fathers, Edwin Robertson in 1905.
Under the auspices of the New Zealand Historic Places Trust, it has been painstakingly renovated, retaining its colonial charm.
John, the present owner, hails from Pershore and Redditch in the West Midlands and he’s as enthusiastic abut the accommodation today as he was when he bought the house 12 years ago.
Entering the house, the first impression is of the marvellous wooden flooring, doorways and furniture made from native Kauri trees and Rimu wood, and the four specious bedrooms follow the theme, with modern comforts and en-suite bathrooms.
What our travellers love about staying here:
- Sitting out on a private veranda or relaxing with a glass of wine in the garden area.
- Owner Johns, helpful guide around Rotorua
- The breakfast!